You have completed all the online modules of the e-learning Safety and Security training. Now it’s time to test what you have learnt so far and get your certificate from OSCE ODIHR!
Please carefully read the following text, and reply to the questions based on the collected information. Feel free to use all the resources available to you including the ones published on FreedomLab.
(1) Olga Alekseevna is a human rights defender travelling to attend a conference abroad. She is going to present a report on the situation of human rights in her country to one of the major intergovernmental organizations.
(2) She is travelling with some equipment including her mobile phone, laptop computer and USB flash drive, which contains some drafts of her report and her speech. Prior to going to the airport, Olga decides to finish her report at the local café. She connects her laptop to the public Wi-Fi and works on the report for about two hours. After finalizing her report, she decides to send it to her colleagues from the café while using her Gmail account. After doing so, she saves the report on the USB flash drive and deletes it from her computer.
(3) Olga is travelling alone, and when she goes to the airport and arrives at customs, officials who do not identify themselves approach her. They ask her directly whether she has any ‘digital devices’ with her. She is surprised and nervous and since she does not understand what ‘digital devices’ means, she answers “No”. The officials then ask her to put her bag through an x-ray scanner, and discover the USB flash drive in her bag. She is then asked to take the flash drive from her bag and hand it over to them. Olga thinks about challenging them and telling them they have no right to take her device, however she is not sure in this case what her rights are, and she is also afraid that if she argues with them, she may miss her flight and not have the chance to present her report. They ask her to wait, and they disappear into an office for fifteen minutes with her flash drive. When the officials return, they hand back her the flash drive, and wish her a pleasant flight. She is nervous throughout the flight, worrying about what has happened to her flash drive and the data that was on it. When she arrives at her destination, she wants to check if all the information saved on her USB flash drive is safe.
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Which of the following actions of Olga Alekseevna may pose serious digital security risks? (Choose all that apply)
After sending her report to the colleague from the local cafe, Olga Alekseevna receives two emails from her colleague, attaching some links for her review. Two of these emails seem to be similar but they contain two different types of information, which of them should Olga Alekseevna click on?
3. QuestionAfter receiving the email from her colleague, Olga Alekseevna receives several other emails. Which of the following emails should she treat as suspicious and as a potential threat to her cyber security?
4. QuestionHow could Olga Alekseevna secure her communication with her colleagues and how she should have sent her report to them? (Choose all that apply)
5. QuestionIs the following statement true or false? When Olga Alekseevna deleted the report and all the files with sensitive information about victims of human rights violations from her computer, the files were automatically removed from her computer.
Which of the following password solutions would be the best for Olga Alekseevna?
What should Olga do about her USB Stick? (Choose all that apply)
8. QuestionAfter arriving in the destination country, Olga Alekseevna notices that she is being followed by an unidentified man and a woman. After arriving at her hotel, she needs to immediately head to the location of the event to present her report. Which measures should Olga Alekseevna do to mitigate the risk? (Choose all that apply)
9. QuestionWhich of the following assumptions are true? (Choose all that apply)
Which one of the following shows respect for the confidentiality of information by Olga Alekseevna?
Olga Alekseevna is under a lot of stress lately. What can she do to cope with that? (Choose all that apply)